- This event has passed.
West End XC 2020
January 10 @ 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
DERBY RUNNER CROSS COUNTRY LEAGUE – Race 3
Martinshaw Woods, Groby
Organised by West End Runners
Car parking at Groby Lodge Farm (farm track entrance)
Approaching from Ratby: On Markfield Road turn right immediately after going under the motorway bridge.
Approaching from Markfield: On Ratby Lane turn left immediately before the motorway bridge.
CAR SHARING IS ESSENTIAL
CAR PARKING SPACE IS VERY LIMITED 3 OR MORE PEOPLE PER CAR PLEASE.
Bring your club tents
Strictly no dogs on the Groby Lodge Grounds
- Junior race: 10.20am
- Mens race: 10.55am
- Ladies race: 11.05am
- Adults £6
- Children £2
- Primary age: 1 lap grassy/muddy paths. Approx. 1 mile
- Secondary age: 2 laps grassy/muddy paths. Approx. 2 miles.
Approx. 5.75 miles (one lap).
There are two sections of concrete path, some packed graveled paths, otherwise grassy, muddy, woodland paths including lots of TREE ROOTS, TREE STUMPS AND LOW LEVEL BRANCHES AND TWO POTENTIALLY SLIPPY BRIDGES. Shoes with studs (not spikes) advised.
Please note the following:
- The route will be marshaled, taped and signed.
- Please keep to route on the paths at all times.
- This is a public woodland and please be courteous to the general public.
- Please take all litter home with you.
Post Race Venue
The Plough Inn, Burroughs Road, Ratby, LE6 0XZ